I have been engaged for three years. I like to think of myself as an EXPERT fiancé. I may not be the traditional bride-to-be but I have found that in this day and age my road to the alter is no longer as uncommon or taboo as it once was. For one, my betrothed and I have a little girl so we’ve definitely put the horse before that particular cart. And though our parents are roughly the same ages, Rich and I are at opposite ends of our generation, with a fourteen-year age gap (I hardly notice it most of the time—accept that he always seems to skip past Sublime on my iPod and I will never quite get The Scorpions). This is the chronicle of my stumble through creating, growing, cooking, reading, parenting and overall being. Many thanks for your interest.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

A DATE! A DATE! WE HAVE A DATE!

According to Milton H. Erikson, "A goal without a date is just a dream."  If this is true, I am beyond THRILLED to finally make my dream a reality!  Rich asked me to marry him on Christmas day, 2008.  And here we are almost three years later finally setting a date a reserving the location.  I can't complain too much about what seems like the longest engagement ever since it was prolonged by the best surprise either of us could have imagined, our sweet little girl.  That being said, the little girl inside of me has been jumping up and down in renewed excitement.  


10.5.12 is officially booked on my calendar.  


While booking the date and location yesterday, my mama and I were excited to see that Highland Springs Resort will be hosting their first Olive and Wine Faire on the 23rd of this month.  We've always had such an amazing time at the lavender festival, sipping on wine and enjoying lavender ice cream and lavender beef brisket while our daughter runs amuck... I'm sure the Olive and Wine festival will be just as relaxing.  Also happens to be when my brother will be visiting.  Looks like we're in for some wine-drinking-wedding-brainstorming madness in a couple of weekends!







No comments:

Post a Comment