I have been engaged for three years. I like to think of myself as an EXPERT fiancé. I may not be the traditional bride-to-be but I have found that in this day and age my road to the alter is no longer as uncommon or taboo as it once was. For one, my betrothed and I have a little girl so we’ve definitely put the horse before that particular cart. And though our parents are roughly the same ages, Rich and I are at opposite ends of our generation, with a fourteen-year age gap (I hardly notice it most of the time—accept that he always seems to skip past Sublime on my iPod and I will never quite get The Scorpions). This is the chronicle of my stumble through creating, growing, cooking, reading, parenting and overall being. Many thanks for your interest.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

360 days to DIY


Let the crafting begin!                                The time has finally come to go through the craft room and storage unit to start consolidating what I'll need for the wedding favors and decor.  I want everything to be as green as possible and I refuse to go out and buy a bunch of supplies that I probably already own or could pick up second-hand anyway.  I spent this afternoon digging through jars of vintage buttons and costume jewelry.  I will most definitely be doing broach/button bouquets.  Probably a combination of the two.  It's a trend that I am just loving...what an awesome way to incorporate family heirlooms and bits of uniqueness and personality.  


I have also fallen in love with the DIY button letters I have been seeing on Pinterest lately.  I'm thinking they would be a nice possibility for table numbers.  I could thrift around for cool old frames and paint them.  I have more than enough buttons to keep them in my color pallet.  Hmmmm.... the possibilities are endless!







2 comments:

  1. We're way too much a like cous. :D I've been digging on all the button things I've been seeing on pinterest too!


    Why did you have to get me addicted? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would love Pinterest! It always inspires me to cook something new or take on a new project!

    I bought 2 big jars of vintage buttons from a little old lady about a year ago and have just been waiting for the right opportunity to dive into them. Sorting them has been a good opportunity to teach Lily colors. I never minded killing two birds with one stone, haha!

    Let's get together for a craft day when you come home!

    ReplyDelete